I am Rh Negative blood type. Is it a problem to have an abortion with pills ?
According to the World Health Organization’s recommendations  on safe abortion, Rh testing is not required to have an abortion. Women who are Rh-negative blood type have traditionally been administered Rh-immunoglobulin (rhogam) within 72 hours of abortion, however research shows this is likely unnecessary. If you live in a place where Rh-immunoglobulin administration is the local standard of care after miscarriage or surgical abortion, it is recommended that you receive it after medical abortion  as well until further research proves otherwise. Remember, if you are Rh-negative and seek Rh-immunoglobin after the abortion pills, you do not need to disclose that you used the abortion pills as the signs and symptoms are the same as miscarriage.
 WHO. Safe abortion: technical and policy guidance for health systems. Second edition. 2012. Retrieved from: https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/70914/?sequence=1
Before an abortion with pills
- How can I learn about abortion laws by country?
- I know somebody who needs an abortion, how can I be of support?
- Will the abortion pills cause birth defects in a baby I have in the future?
- Will taking the abortion pills make it harder for me to get pregnant in the future?
- Will medical staff be able to notice that I am having an abortion?
- What if I find out that I am pregnant with twins? Can I still have an abortion with pills?
- I was diagnosed with a miscarriage. Can I use the abortion pills?
- I am over 20 weeks pregnant. Can I use the pills for abortion?
- Based on my period I am less than 6 weeks pregnant. Do I have to wait to use the abortion pills?
- I had surgery on the uterus 6 months ago, can I still use the abortion pills?
- Can I take the abortion pills if I have been diagnosed with a STD or reproductive tract infection?
- Can I have an abortion with pills if I have had a C-section in the past?
- I have been diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy, can I use the abortion pills?
- I have an IUD in place, can I use the abortion pills?
- I have anemia, can I take the abortion pills?
- I am HIV positive, can I take the abortion pills?
- I am Rh Negative blood type. Is it a problem to have an abortion with pills ?
- Is there a weight restriction for abortion pills?
- Is there an age limit for the abortion pills?
- What are the side effect of taking the abortion pills?
- Can I breastfeed while using abortion pills?
- What happens if I use abortion pills and I am not pregnant?
*Nothing provided herein should be construed as professional medical advice and no medication / pills should be used without a prescription from a licensed / registered medical practitioner eligible to prescribe such medication in your local jurisdiction.