How many days should I rest after using abortion pills?
Resting during a medical abortion is not mandatory, although it is recommended for you to be more comfortable.
If you are using Mifepristone it is likely you can continue with your normal activities the day you take it and leading up to before you use Misoprostol. Once you use Misoprostol you will experience cramping and bleeding. Many women prefer to rest while the cramping and bleeding is intense. Most women will experience the most intenses symptoms in the first 12 hours; usually after 48 hours of using Misoprostol all the symptoms decrease. Depending on how you feel you may want to do your daily activities or you may prefer to rest. Again, each woman has a different experience so it all depends on how you are feeling.
After an abortion with pills
- Do I need an ultrasound to confirm the abortion pills were successful?
- Do the abortion pills get less effective if you use them again in the future?
- How can I prevent another pregnancy in the future?
- How many days should I rest after using abortion pills?
- What happens if I am still pregnant after using abortion pills?
- Will I need a dilation and curettage (D&C) after using abortion pills?
- Will I be able to get pregnant after an abortion?
- How long do I need to wait to have sex after using abortion pills?
*Nothing provided herein should be construed as professional medical advice and no medication / pills should be used without a prescription from a licensed / registered medical practitioner eligible to prescribe such medication in your local jurisdiction.