How long do I need to wait to have sex after using abortion pills?
There is no evidence that you have to wait a certain amount of time before having sex after using the abortion pills. However, it is important for you to listen to your body and your desire. If you feel ready to return to having sex, then you can do so.
It is also important to know that you can become pregnant again as early as 8 days after using the abortion pills. For this reason, it is recommended to use condoms or other form of prevention method to avoid future unwanted pregnant. And remember, condoms are the only method that help protect against sexually transmitted infections.
To know more about your contraceptives options, visit www.findmymethod.org.
 Ipas. (2019). Clinical Updates in Reproductive Health. L. Castleman & N. Kapp (Eds.). Chapel Hill, NC: Ipas. Retrieved from: https://ipas.azureedge.net/files/CURHE19-april-ClinicalUpdatesInReproductiveHealth.pdf
After an abortion with pills
- Do I need an ultrasound to confirm the abortion pills were successful?
- Do the abortion pills get less effective if you use them again in the future?
- How can I prevent another pregnancy in the future?
- How many days should I rest after using abortion pills?
- What happens if I am still pregnant after using abortion pills?
- Will I need a dilation and curettage (D&C) after using abortion pills?
- Will I be able to get pregnant after an abortion?
- How long do I need to wait to have sex after using abortion pills?
*Nothing provided herein should be construed as professional medical advice and no medication / pills should be used without a prescription from a licensed / registered medical practitioner eligible to prescribe such medication in your local jurisdiction.