safe2choose (www.safe2choose.org) owns and operates this Website. This document governs your relationship with the domain name www.safe2choose.org and services provider therein (“Website”). Access to and use of this Website and the information –images, text and videos-, and services -including the counseling and the Online Consultation – available through this Website (collectively, the “Counsellng Services / Services) are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the “Terms of Service”).
By using the Counseling Services on this Website or through this Website, you are agreeing to all of the Terms of Service, as may be updated by us from time to time. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms of Service. It may not be possible for us to give you advance notice of any changes made to the Website or its Terms of Services.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or this entire Website.
Counselors and Counseling Services
The website enables you to communicate with counselors, consultants, empanelled medical practitioners and doctors or any other person qualified to provide Services (collectively “counselor”) for the purpose of getting counseling, information and advice regarding medical abortion. Please be informed that the Counselling services do not constitute professional medical advice or professional medical services and should not be substituted for such advice or services by registered medical practitioners eligible to provide such advice and services under the local laws of your jurisdiction. The Website is not registered as a medical practitioner or a clinic under the local laws of any jurisdiction, does not make any representations and warranties about its Services and is not eligible to prescribe any treatment or medication. Neither the Website nor the Counsellors should be treated as a hospital, clinic, medical establishment or medical practitioners.
This Website is not intended for diagnosis, prescription of drugs or treatment that may be appropriate for you, and you should disregard any such advice if delivered through the Website.
The Counselling Services on the Website are only supplemental to a face-to-face consultation with a registered/licensed medical practitioner and the Counselling Services are not a substitute for a face-to-face examination and/or session by a licensed qualified medical doctor. Furthermore, you must seek advice by having an in-person appointment with a licensed and qualified medical practitioner in all cases before proceeding with medical abortion or deciding in favour of any other abortion methods. The Counselling Services merely provide you information available publicly regarding various options of medical abortion and do not provide any insights or recommendations on which of these methods are appropriate for you.
You must never disregard, avoid, or delay in obtaining medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare professional, by face-to-face appointment, because of information or advice you received through us.
You must in all cases consult medical practitioners registered to provide medical advice in your local jurisdiction before following any treatment protocol or taking any medication.
You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offense; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offense and Website will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Intellectual Property, Software and Content
The intellectual property rights in all software and content (including photographic images) made available to you on or through this Website remains the property of Website or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by Website and its licensors. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this Website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
Terms and Conditions of the Online Counseling Service
The Counseling Service is an online service provided to women who are considering having a medical abortion or have certain questions regarding medical abortion. The Counseling Service subscribes to international agreements on human rights where the right to live, health, information, confidentiality, and benefit from the scientific progress are protected. The following conditions apply to our Counseling Service
- We only provide information and knowledge on safe abortion through pills to women who are interested in terminating their pregnancy and our Services should not be construed as encouraging or promoting abortion.
- We do not provide any medication or facilities for medical abortion.
- Medical abortion is regulated by the local laws of many jurisdictions and before you decide to terminate your pregnancy medically you confirm that you have read and understood the local laws applicable to you. You can find a collated summary of local laws on medical abortion here. This information is provided for your understanding and may not be updated. We do not make any representations regarding its accuracy and this information should not be substituted for legal advice. You further understand and acknowledge that the Counselling Services provided by the Website are provided on an universal basis and it is impossible for us to inform you about your local laws while advising you and in some cases the information provided by the Website may be inconsistent with the local laws or medical advice generally prevailing in your jurisdiction. In such cases, it is imperative that you check the information provided by our Counsellors with the standards laid down by local laws or advisories issued by your local government and medical practitioners and follow such standards / advisories or advice as the case may be.
- You are responsible for understanding legal restrictions if any on accessing information on medical abortion under the local laws applicable to you. The Website will not be liable for any legal consequences you face as a result of using the Counselling Services provided by this Website.
- You will share your questions with our Counsellor by filling a form included on the “Contact Us and / or Live chat” section of this Website.
- While using the ‘Contact Us’ section of the Website, you need to provide your e-mail address so that our Counsellor/(s) can provide you with relevant information based on your request by sending you an e-mail.
- The “Contact Us and Live chat” section of the Website is provided to women who have freely chosen to seek information regarding medical abortion and is not to be misused.
- You will not be charged for using the Online Counseling Service at any time.
- Completing an Online Consultation is a mandatory requirement to access our Counselling service.
- You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information about your health. Omitting any information may prevent us from appropriately advising you.
- Your information may be shared with medical practitioners or doctors empanelled with us to provide better Counselling services to you.
- We provide the Services on an ‘as-is’ basis without any representations or warranties about the efficacy of our Services or the modes and methods of medical abortion. We make no representation or warranty whatsoever as to whether you will find the Counsellor services relevant, useful, satisfactory or suitable to your needs.
Disclaimer of Liability
Under no circumstances will Website be responsible for any type of loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of this Website or the Services, any content posted on the Website or shared by our counselors, or any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline.
Linking to this Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. This Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Disclaimer as to ownership of trademarks, images of personalities and third party copyright
Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trademarks and content, services and/or locations featured on this Website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with Website. and you should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation. Any trademarks/names featured on this Website are owned by the respective trademark owners. Where a trade mark or brand name is referred to it is used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to Website.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Website, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates including the Counsellors from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this Website or your breach of the Terms of Service.
Website shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of this Website.
If any part of the Terms of Service is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected. All other clauses remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise, please let us know if you have any complaints or comments.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
The above Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Website. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of Website.
Last updated on 14/07/2020