When to Start Birth Control After Abortion?
It is possible to conceive a few weeks after your procedure, even before you have a period. If you wish to prevent a future unplanned pregnancy, it’s a good idea to learn about birth control.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), women may start contraception at the time of a surgical abortion; therefore, it is important to follow the advice of your health-care provider. Remember that contraception after an abortion is your right.
If you wish to learn more about the different contraception methods, please click on this link: www.FindMyMethod.org or visit your local family planning clinic. 
 “Safe abortion: technical and policy guidance for health systems.” World Health Organization, second edition, 2012, www.who.int/reproductivehealth/publications/unsafe_abortion/9789241548434/en/. Accesed November 2020.
After an Abortion with MVA
- Risk of Infection Dey After Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA)?
- How Long I go Take Recover From Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA)?
- How Long I Go Bleed After Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA) Abortion?
- When I go fit start Sex Again After Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA) Abortion?
- When My Period go Start After Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA) Abortion?
- When to Start Birth Control After Abortion?
- Weting Be the Post-Abortion Care and Contraception After Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA) Abortion?
*Nothing provided herein should be construed as professional medical advice and no medication / pills should be used without a prescription from a licensed / registered medical practitioner eligible to prescribe such medication in your local jurisdiction.