Are There Any Side Effects Associated With a Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA)? Can it Cause Infertility?
The most common side effect associated with vacuum aspiration abortion is strong cramps experienced by the woman during the procedure. Often, this cramping will improve quickly afterwards, but some women may experience cramping on and off for a few days or weeks.
These symptoms will gradually improve in the following days after the procedure. This side effect is best managed with nonsteriodal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen. It is also common to experience many different emotions after an in-clinic abortion, all of which are valid, and if the woman feels like she needs additional help, she should seek counseling.
A routine, uncomplicated aspiration abortion does not cause infertility. 
 “Clinical updates in reproductive health.” Ipas, 2020, https://www.ipas.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ClinicalUpdatesInReproductiveHealthCURHE20-English-digital.pdf. Accesed November 2020.
Before an Manual Vacuum Aspiration Abortion
- Are There Any Side Effects Associated With a Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA)? Can it Cause Infertility?
- How Much Does a Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA) cost?
- What is the Recovery Time for a Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA) Procedure?
- Is Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA) Painful?
- What Happens During the Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA) Procedure?
- How Late Into My Pregnancy Can I Get a Manual Vacuum Aspiration Abortion?
- Which is the Right Choice for Me – A Vacuum Aspiration Abortion or the Abortion Pills?
- Which is Safer – a Vacuum Aspiration Abortion or the Abortion Pills?
- Is There a Difference in Success Rate Between Vacuum Aspiration Abortions and Abortion Pills?
- What is the Cost Difference between A Vacuum Aspiration Abortion and the Abortion Pills?
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Vacuum Aspiration Abortion?
- What are the Differences Between Vacuum Aspiration and Dilation & Evacuation Abortion (D&E)?
- What are the Different Types of Surgical Abortion Procedures?
- What is a Surgical Abortion?
*Nothing provided herein should be construed as professional medical advice and no medication / pills should be used without a prescription from a licensed / registered medical practitioner eligible to prescribe such medication in your local jurisdiction.