Abortion can affect you both physically and emotionally, which is why it is important to prioritize rest and self-care after undergoing an abortion. One such form of self-care is masturbation. Although masturbation is a healthy form of sexual pleasure and release, you may have questions about whether or not it is safe after an abortion.
Is masturbation after abortion okay?
After having an abortion, you may be wondering if it is okay to engage in sex or masturbation again. These are normal questions to have, and we are here to answer.
In general, masturbation is okay after an abortion! Some people may want to wait for their bleeding to get lighter before engaging in sex or masturbation that includes vaginal penetration of any kind. However, there are no medical, scientifically proven recommendations to avoid penetration after an abortion. Thus, we suggest you practice penetrative sex and/or masturbation whenever you feel ready. The most important thing here is to listen and follow your desires.
Aside from the physical aspects of masturbation after an abortion, consider the emotional aspects. Everyone will deal with abortions differently, but always make sure to prioritize your mental health and well-being above all else. Masturbation may act as a form of self-care and promote positive mental health for some, while others may not feel ready right away. Regardless, you can masturbate again whenever you feel ready.
Are there benefits to masturbating after an abortion?
Masturbation is sometimes considered a taboo topic, although it is a natural form of self-care and self-exploration. Masturbation allows you to explore your body, experience pleasure, and gain a better understanding of your sexual preferences and desires. To top it off, it can provide a wide range of physical, emotional, and psychological benefits, even ones that can be advantageous in the context of abortions. These benefits are described below:
- Oxytocin release. Masturbation can promote the production of oxytocin, a hormone associated with love, pleasure, and pleasant sensations. The effects of oxytocin can benefit you both physically and mentally, helping to reduce stress and allowing you to experience positive emotions.
- Abortion. Orgasms generate uterine contractions, helping the body to expel the pregnancy tissue. This assists with the abortion process, potentially making it a little easier or faster.
Period problems. Masturbation can actually help relieve painful periods and menstrual cramping.
- Muscle effects. Masturbation can also affect the muscles, strengthening the pelvic and anal muscles while relieving muscle tension elsewhere.
- Knowledge of your body. Masturbation is one of the best ways to get to know your body, and you can do it privately. When you learn what you like and don’t like on your own, this translates to improved pleasure and comfort when you are having a sexual encounter with a partner.
- Other benefits. There are several other advantages to masturbation, including improved sleep, reduced sexual tension, better body image and self-esteem, and decreased stress.
In conclusion, masturbation is a great way to support your abortion journey and improve your overall health and wellness.
Masturbation is a personal decision
Sometimes, there is a stigma associated with sexual pleasure after an abortion. The collective social ideology may make us feel like it’s wrong to feel desire, have a libido, or be sexual after abortion; but, these beliefs are rooted in the stigma surrounding abortion. In fact, many people feel relief post-abortion, and feeling good leads to having sexual desire.
Knowing the logistics of masturbation after an abortion and the positive effects it can have, you may be ready to start masturbating again. When thinking this over, it is important to listen to your own desires. If you are feeling sexual desire and want to experience sexual pleasure after an abortion, it is totally okay to masturbate.
In summary, masturbation is a perfectly normal and healthy thing to do after having an abortion. In fact, it can actually be beneficial to masturbate as it helps to expel abortion tissue from the body. Additionally, there are a wide range of physical, mental, and emotional benefits that can help you improve your overall wellness. The most important takeaway, however, is to listen to your own desire and masturbate only when you feel ready.