safe2choose is growing and expanding, so we need more bright and experienced people to help us accomplish our mission – to connect women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable.
There are different procedures to end a pregnancy safely. At safe2choose, we specialize in sharing information about medical abortion in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy. At this stage you can have a safe abortion with pills using Misoprostol or both Mifepristone and Misoprostol. We’re dedicated to removing barriers and increasing access to safe abortion care and to promoting women’s sexual and reproductive autonomy. We do so by educating them on how to access and use the abortion pills.
- We provide information based on the most up-to-date scientific evidence about abortion.
- We offer free counseling services that are safe, confidential, convenient, and free from judgment and stigma.
- We do our best to refer you to trustworthy, pro-choice organizations when needed.
- We are easy to reach, friendly and supportive.
- We respect your right to make your own decisions regarding your health and your life.
PR and Digital Marketing Officer
safe2choose is a social enterprise part of an international movement for reproductive health and access to safe abortion. Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
We are an online resource which provides information based on the most up-to-date scientific evidence about abortion and offers counseling services that are safe, confidential, convenient, and free from judgment and stigma.
We support and respect women to make their own decisions regarding their bodies, and we are looking for more like-minded people to join us in expanding access to safe procedures for women worldwide.
Since its creation in 2015, safe2choose has had more than 5 million visits on its website and has more than 200,000 fans overall on its social media channels. Offline, our team is also able to engage directly with women and providers through our on-the-ground regional consultants and an extensive global partnership network.
In order to continue supporting our growth, safe2choose is looking to hire a new position fully dedicated to digital communication, PR, and online partnerships.
The ideal candidate will be hard working and quick-witted, with experience in online communications or marketing, and a proven advocate for women’s sexual and reproductive health.
We are looking to hire a PR and Digital Marketing Officer whose scope of work is inclusive of, but not limited to:
Overall Objective: Promote safe2choose.org online visibility, increase traffic to the safe2choose’s website, and improve user engagement across social media channels.
- Partner closely with our Digital Strategist Manager to manage and optimize advertising campaigns;
- Keep an eye on global digital trends regarding your assigned market, test new formats and optimize strategies;
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the website and deliver a monthly report that captures key website performance indicators;
- Develop marketing/communications plan for safe2choose that encompasses both online and offline activities to promote and further develop safe2choose’s website, branding, and online visibility;
- Write weekly or monthly blog post on topics relating to medical abortion or global sexual and reproductive health;
- Monitor local/regional/international news daily to create publishable content accordingly;
- Develop information, education and communication (IEC) materials that promote safe2choose services in the form of innovative posters, brochures and promotion materials customized different regions;
- Work in constant collaboration with our creative agency to oversee the creation of digital and print media;
- Manage and evaluate social media communities, with a specific eye towards regional audiences, partnership collaboration, and potential campaign strategies;
- Engage in proactive online reputation management by surfacing relevant guest comments (positive or negative) in social media channel and responds accordingly;
Partnerships and PR:
- Build collaboration strategies and execution plans with partners for local and global campaigns in the field of content advertising and online reputation management
- Execute emails marketing and write press releases for events
- Develop relationship with local media to promote safe2choose’s image and the access to safe abortion in general. Verifies the news clippings and other online, print, and social media mentions of safe2choose.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in communications, online marketing, advertising, PR or any related field combined with relevant work experience;
- Experience with social media marketing and digital marketing required;
- Previous experience working in global health, women’s health, women’s rights, or social justice is desirable;
- Fluent in English. Working knowledge of other languages is a major plus;
- Independent access to a working computer and reliable connection to the internet.
CONTACT TYPE AND TERM:
This is a full-time position, but can be adapted to a part time 30 hr/week schedule to accommodate the right candidate. This is a 6 months contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance.
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description (1-page maximum).
- A sample of a previous blog post.
Please submit your application to email@example.com, subject line: PR and Digital Marketing Officer by April, 1st.