safe2choose is growing and expanding, so we need more bright and experienced people to help us accomplish our mission – increase access to safe abortion information, counselling and quality abortion pills in more countries.
safe2choose, a social not for profit venture established in August 2015, is committed to addressing the barriers to safe abortion by educating women on how to access/use abortion pills responsibly through the internet and other modern ways of communication as well as by making abortion pills more widely available and affordable using postal services. Currently safe2choose website is available in 6 languages (English, Spanish, French, Hindi, Polish and Portuguese) and we have social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc) in most of those languages, including one specifically for Africa.
We are currently recruiting for the following interesting positions, see below job descriptions:
Part Time Medical Abortion Counselors
Counselors are responsible for assisting our users via live chat and email by providing information about safe medical abortion. Counselors will work virtually, but should be in constant communication with all the safe2choose team.
All counselors, regardless of their profile, will receive a full training before assisting our users. Regularly, safe2choose offers additional trainings to deepen their knowledge and skills.
* Work schedule will be defined according to candidate’s availability and safe2choose needs
- immediate availability to work 10 hours per week
- proficiency in written English and at least one of the following: French, Hindi, Swahili, Amharic, Arabic, Tagalog and Farsi.
- excellent grammar and spelling skills in both languages
- experience in sexual and reproductive health
- ability to work without supervision
- excellent communication skills
- must have a computer with stable Internet connection
- proficiency in a third language (written): Portuguese, French, Hindi, Swahili, Amharic, Arabic and Farsi
- experience in counseling
- knowledge of medical abortion
- experience in abortion services
- studies in Gender and/or Feminism, especially related to women’s health
Compensation: monthly salary based on experience
How to apply: Send resume (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Part time counselor” in the subject line.
About the Position
safe2choose is growing rapidly and is forming a team to help us grow. One of the most important parts of our structure is the website, therefore, one of the most important tasks of this position is to maintain this web and make improvements that not only include the development front-end, also the knowledge of metrics, APIs, integration with social networks, responsive design and security protocols. It will have responsibility and autonomy to bring fresh ideas to the team.
- Work with internationally based staff via email, and phone.
- Report directly to Senior Developer in Mexico.
- Use the tools specified for task management
- Give feedback to the team about different solutions
- Assist and develop tools.
- Provide full-time maintenance to the website
- Strict adherence to the security and data management policies defined.
- Availability to respond in emergency situations
- Flexibility to have occasional meetings outside work hours with the rest of the team based internationally.
- Remain informed about other relevant projects worldwide.
- Provide regular progress updates.
- University degree in computer science, informatics, etc, or at least three years work experience in website/mobile development.
- +3 years working with MVC frameworks for web like Ruby, Laravel, PHP.
- Experience with the following: WordPress, Git, SSH, DB management, Front-end framework, Stylesheet preprocessor, Designing software and Responsive design
- Desireble experiencie with: Google Analytics, APIs, Zotonic, PGP, design skills or sys admin.
- Fluent in English or Spanish. Working knowledge of other languages (French, Arabic, Portuguese etc) is a plus.
- Located in México City
- Must have independent access to a computer and internet.
- Interest in social justice and / or reproductive rights is a plus.
This is a full-time position and will receive a monthly salary dependent on the experience level.
How to apply
Email your resume to email@example.com.