safe2choose is a social not for profit venture established in August 2015. We are committed to addressing the barriers to safe abortion by educating women on how to access/use abortion pills responsibly through the internet and other modern ways of communication as well as by making abortion pills more widely available and affordable using the postal services.
About the Position
safe2choose is growing rapidly and is forming a team to help us grow. One of the most important parts of our structure is the website, therefore, one of the most important tasks of this position is to maintain this web and make improvements that not only include the development front-end, also the knowledge of metrics, APIs, integration with social networks, responsive design and security protocols. It will have responsibility and autonomy to bring fresh ideas to the team.
- Work with internationally based staff via email, and phone.
- Report directly to Senior Developer in Mexico.
- Use the tools specified for task management
- Give feedback to the team about different solutions
- Assist and develop tools.
- Provide full-time maintenance to the website
- Strict adherence to the security and data management policies defined.
- Availability to respond in emergency situations
- Flexibility to have occasional meetings outside work hours with the rest of the team based internationally.
- Remain informed about other relevant projects worldwide.
- Provide regular progress updates.
- University degree in computer science, informatics, etc, or at least three years work experience in website/mobile development.
- +3 years working with MVC frameworks for web like Ruby, Laravel, PHP.
- Experience with the following: WordPress, Git, SSH, DB management, Front-end framework, Stylesheet preprocessor, Designing software and Responsive design
- Desireble experiencie with: Google Analytics, APIs, Zotonic, PGP, design skills or sys admin.
- Fluent in English or Spanish. Working knowledge of other languages (French, Arabic, Portuguese etc) is a plus.
- Located in México City
- Must have independent access to a computer and internet.
- Interest in social justice and / or reproductive rights is a plus.
This is a full-time position and will receive a monthly salary dependent on the experience level.
How to apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org