Contract Term: 12 months with possibility of extension
Women First Digital (WFD) is a collection of online platforms that provide information and counseling services on safe abortion, contraception and SRHR. WFD leverages the reach, innovation and power of the internet to reach as many people as possible. Through these platforms we connect women all around the world to accurate information, allowing them to make informed decisions about comprehensive abortion care and services. The following platforms comprise the WFD Program:
1. HowToUseAbortionPill.org (also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
HowToUse is a one stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 24 languages.
safe2choose connects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
We are looking for a Tech Lead to support all three online platforms mentioned above.
- Wed developer expert: Primary person responsible for implementing all new features on WOMEN FIRST DIGITAL’s websites. Also responsible for fixing existing bugs and responding to site outages.
- Training: Help WOMEN FIRST DIGITAL staff in Mexico understand how to use relevant tools like PGP and Pivotal Tracker. This includes other technical staff in-country and non-technical counselors and managers. Develop and compile relevant documentation that helps the staff to set a safe work environment.
- Other infrastructure: Assist with the development of new and existing tools outside of the WOMEN FIRST DIGITAL websites. This includes, the back-office application CRM and 3rd party tools such as Zopim & Optimizely.
- Monitoring & analysis: Develop systems for analyzing the effectiveness and reach of our platform through data. Establish processes to ensure we can respond quickly to outages on any WOMEN FIRST DIGITAL system.
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively review content that the technical team develops. Give feedback to the rest of team if different technologies would be more appropriate (such as using one social media platform over another).
- Project Management: Adhere to the protocols WOMEN FIRST DIGITAL specifies for task management. Responsible for organizing technical information like PGP keys, SSH keys, etc for the rest of the team. Balance the tasks between the team and make an appropriate plan of the processes and times necessaries for each project. Keep a control of time and commitments of any external consultant.
- Security best practices: Strict adherence to the security and data management policies that WOMEN FIRST DIGITAL defines. This includes an understanding that our clients’ confidentiality is of utmost importance. Do not take short cuts to get tasks done that may jeopardize our clients, staff, or partners. These standards apply equally for work done from a personal computer or phone.
- Availability: At least 24-hour response time during the week for non-critical issues. At least 24-hour response time on weekends and holidays for major issues like site outages. Flexibility to have occasional meetings outside work hours in order to accommodate scheduling with the rest of the team based internationally.
- Technical advocacy: Remain informed about other relevant projects worldwide. As needed, connect with other technical groups locally who are working on similar initiatives.
- University degree in computer science, informatics, etc, or at least five years’ work experience in website/mobile development.
- +3 years working with MVC frameworks for web like Ruby, Laravel, PHP, experience with React or Angular is a plus.
- Experience with the following: WordPress, Git, SSH, DB management, Front-end frameworks, Stylesheet preprocessor, Designing software and Responsive design
- Desirable experience with: Google Analytics, APIs, Zotonic, PGP, design skills or sys admin.
- Fluent in English. Working knowledge of other languages (French, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish etc.) is a plus.
- Must have independent access to a computer and internet.
- Interest in social justice and / or reproductive rights is a plus.
Location: The Tech Lead will work online from any location, but should be in constant communication with the Women First Digital tech team. Work schedule will be defined according to candidate’s availability and WFD needs.
Benefits and Compensation: the position includes a monthly salary (based on experience), standard vacation time, holidays, home-office allowance and healthcare allowance.
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description (1-page maximum).
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Tech Lead by September 20.
Please notice only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.