Position: Spanish-Speaking Country Consultant
Location: Remote but based in either Mexico or Argentina
Contract Term: 6 months with possibility of extension
Women First Digital (WFD) is a collection of online platforms that provide information and counseling services on safe abortion, contraception and SRHR. WFD leverages the reach, innovation and power of the internet to reach as many people as possible. Through these platforms we connect women all around the world to accurate information, allowing them to make informed decisions about comprehensive abortion care and services. The following platforms comprise the WFD Program:
- HowToUseAbortionPill.org (also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
HowToUse is a one stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 27 languages.
safe2choose connects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
We are looking for a bilingual English and Spanish speaking Country Consultant to support all three online platforms mentioned above.
- Counseling: assisting users via live chat, e-mail, and WhatsApp group by providing information about safe medical abortion. Counselors are expected to deliver a friendly, professional, supportive and non-judgmental comprehensive sexual and reproductive health service, which should guide our users through a safe abortion with pills and/or refer them to local support networks, where possible and available.
- Research and understand existing resources in the country/region currently rely on for reproductive health information and abortion services. Help us identify areas of greatest need;
- Referral: As the local representative of Women First Digital, the counselor would also be required to help us develop our network of trusted partners for referrals purposes.
- Identify and explore ways to collaborate with key local and regional stakeholders who share WFPs mission in order to encourage the promotion of our digital platforms through the distribution of print materials and other methods.
- Suggest content and effective types of promotional materials that are aligned with the local/regional social and cultural context. Knowledge of the regions social media engagement and character is a plus.
- Propose region-specific tactics that would help further the WFP mission.
- Represent WFP and distribute WFP promotional material to key stakeholder or relevant local/regional events and monitor usage and results.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Consultant will work online from any location in Mexico or Argentina, but should be in constant communication with all the Women First team. Work schedule will be defined according to candidate’s availability and WFD needs.
- Vacancy is directed at all women (trans included) and non-binary people.
- Immediate availability to work 40 hours (full-time) per week.
- Advanced English and Spanish proficiency with strong reading and writing skills.
- Experience engaging with key SRHR stakeholders
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health
- Experience with social media content creation and a strong understanding of online marketing strategies.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be proactive.
- Must have a computer and smartphone with stable and strong internet connection.
- Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health, particularly medical abortion and MVA.
- Healthcare expertise.
- Social media and communications experience.
- Studies in Gender and/or Feminism, especially related to women’s health
- Knowledge and experience working with key SRH stakeholders.
- Experience in partnership cultivation
Benefits and Compensation: the position includes a monthly salary (based on experience).
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description (1-page maximum).
Please submit your application to email@example.com, subject line: Spanish-speaking Country Consultant by December 07 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Last updated on 01/12/2020