Last updated on 10/06/2020
Contract Term: 6 months with possibility of extension
Women First Digital (WFD) is a collection of online platforms that provide information and counseling services on safe abortion, contraception and SRHR. WFD leverages the reach, innovation and power of the internet to reach as many people as possible. Through these platforms we connect women all around the world to accurate information, allowing them to make informed decisions about comprehensive abortion care and services.
- Perform ongoing keyword research, expansion, and optimization for WFD’s three websites – howtouseabortionpill.org; safe2choose.org; and findmymethod.org;
- Monitor functionality and performance of keywords on each website and offer performance improvement recommendations;
- Work with WFD’s translation agency to identify and apply SEO strategies to non-English languages.
- Research and analyze competitor’s links and keywords;
- Develop and implement link building strategies and back-link analysis for different the regions/languages;
- Work with the SEO agency, tech team, digital strategist and program managers to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented. Ex. Filling websites and other content with effective keywords;
- Compiling and presenting local SEO guidelines.
Skills and Experience
- Proven SEO experience;
- Experience with SEO Tools (keyword tools, Search Console and Google Analytics);
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms;
- Experience with website optimization tools;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language (competency in a second language preferred);
- Ability to work within a team and independently;
- Good command over written and spoken English
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills;
- Interest in social justice and / or reproductive rights;
- Highly organized and attentive to details;
- Independent access to a working computer and reliable connection to the Internet.
Contract Type and Term:
This is a Consultancy Contract. This is a 6 months contract with possibility of extension.
Compensation: The Consultant shall be paid on an hourly basis, paid monthly upon receipt of invoice and time-sheet indicating the number of hours worked.
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing your experience
- A writing sample and copy-editing work examples.
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience and skills fit with the required job description (1-page maximum). Please also indicate your salary requirements (hourly rate).
Please submit your application to email@example.com with “SEO Analyst” in the subject line by 15th June 2020.
The following platforms comprise the WFD Program:
- HowToUseAbortionPill.org (also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
HowToUse is a one stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 24 languages.
safe2choose connects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
We are looking for a creative SEO Specialist to optimize the content on our websites based on analytics and keyword research.