safe2choose is an online counselling and informational platform that supports women who want an abortion with pills or surgical abortion, and when needed, refers them to trusted, trained and pro-choice healthcare providers. We are a social enterprise, that is part of an international movement for reproductive health and access to safe abortion.
Our team includes multilingual counsellors, medical doctors and experts in public health and international development that work together to provide our audiences with accurate information about safe abortion. We support and respect women to make their own decisions regarding their bodies and reproductive health.
The Blogger will work online from any location but should be in constant communication with the safe2choose communications team as feedback is relayed on the blog pieces. Work schedule will be defined according to the candidate’s availability and WFD needs.
- Writing blog posts (800-1000 words) for the safe2choose platform
- Researching information on abortion climate in various countries
- Ensuring blog posts adhere to SEO guidelines
- Knowledge and interest in sexual reproductive health
- Willing and able to research on SRH in and out of your region.
- Endurance, motivation and self-discipline
- Ability to take and apply feedback in a timely manner
- Capable of meeting deadlines and short turnaround times
- A strong writing style that will captivate audiences across regions
- Fluent in English and at least another language. Working knowledge of other
languages is a plus (French, Spanish or Portuguese as a priority);
- Experience working in abortion-related advocacy is a plus
- Independent access to a working computer and a reliable connection to the internet.
Contract Type: Freelance, flat fee for every post
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Writing Portfolio
Please submit your application along with samples of your work/website/portfolio to email@example.com with “safe2choose Blogger” as the subject heading.
Last updated on 02/11/2020