Position: Resilient Outreach and Partnerships Coordinator
Location: Remote, Nigeria
Contract Term: 6 months with possibility of extension
Women First Digital (WFD) is a collection of online platforms that provide information and counseling services on safe abortion, contraception and SRHR. WFD leverages the reach, innovation and power of the internet to reach as many people as possible. Through these platforms we connect women all around the world to accurate information, allowing them to make informed decisions about comprehensive abortion care and services. The following platforms comprise the WFD Program:
1. HowToUseAbortionPill.org (also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
- HowToUse is a one stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 24 languages.
- safe2choose connects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
- Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
We are looking for a Nigeria counselor for our safe2choose.org platform:
- Research and understand existing resources in Nigeria women currently rely on for reproductive health information and abortion services. Help us identify areas of greatest need;
- Partnership: As the local representative of Women First in Nigeria the consultant would also be required to help us develop our network of trusted partners for referrals purposes and for communication campaign as well as perform other duties as assigned.
- Identify and explore ways to collaborate with key stakeholders in Nigeria who share WFDs mission in order to encourage the promotion of our digital platforms through the distribution of print materials and other methods;
- Suggest content and effective types of promotional materials that are aligned with Nigeria’s social and cultural context;
- Propose region-specific tactics that would help further the WFD mission;
- Represent WFD and distribute WFD promotional material to key stakeholder or relevant local/regional events and monitor usage and results;
- Other duties as assigned;
The consultant will work online from any location, but should be in constant communication with all the Women First team. Work schedule will be defined according to candidate’s availability and WFD needs.
- Vacancy is directed at all women (trans included) and non-binary people
- Immediate availability to work 40 hours (full-time) or 20 hours (part-time) per week
- Advanced English proficiency with strong reading and writing skills
- Written proficiency of a second/third language
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills in both languages
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health
- Ability to work without supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a computer with stable and strong Internet connection
- Proficiency in digital communication and social media
- Experience in counseling
- Knowledge of medical abortion
- Experience in abortion services
- Healthcare expertise
- Studies in Gender and/or Feminism, especially related to women’s health
Benefits and Compensation: the position includes a monthly salary (based on experience), paid leave days and home-office maintenance allowance.
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description (1-page maximum).
Please submit your application to email@example.com, subject line: Resilient Outreach and Partnerships Coordinator – Nigeria by July 16
Please notice only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.