Contract Term: 8 months with possibility of extension
Women First Digital (WFD) is a collection of online platforms that provide information and counseling services on sexual and reproductive health (SRHR), including safe abortion and contraception. WFD leverages the reach, innovation and power of the internet to reach as many people as possible. Through these platforms we connect women all around the world to accurate information, allowing them to make informed decisions about comprehensive abortion and reproductive health care and services. The following platforms comprise the WFD Program:
- HowToUseAbortionPill.org (also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
- HowToUse is a one stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 24 languages.
- safe2choose connects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
- Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
We are looking to hire a full-time Referral and Training Coordinator whose scope of work is outlined below.
Overall Objective: The Referral and Training Coordinator will be responsible to create referral partnerships with pharmacists, providers, and NGOs in priority countries and also coordinate between all our in-country consultants.
a) Referral database creation and management
- Create a referral database for safe2choose and HowToUse websites that organizes this information that is safe, private but easy to access by the team of counselors;
- Develop eligibility criteria and a vetting process for inclusion in the database;
- Develop referral protocols for the counseling team and the on-the-ground partners;
- Coordinate with in-country consultants, counselors and partners to create this network;
- Attend any relevant events (organized by partners, pharmacist institutions, medical boards etc.) that are relevant to creating this database in key priority countries;
- Track and report on referral information that is shared through counseling, and including completion of effective referrals;
- Develop a follow-up mechanism to evaluate quality of care offered at the referral;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
b) Training plan and implementation
- Create a training curriculum for different stakeholders – pharmacists, NGOs, sales – to be able to counsel on abortion information and services
- Provide training services as needed on behalf of WFD, on request in person or remotely
- Follow-up with trainees to ensure quality of service provision and regular reporting on quality and client satisfaction
- Develop communication materials to connect with partners: website content, posters, social media announcements, newsletters, etc.
- Create reporting systems to communicate results back to partners.
- University degree in public health, strategic management or any related field combined with 2-3 years of experience in partnership building in the reproductive health/abortion rights context;
- Previous experience working in global health, reproductive health including abortion, women’s rights, or social justice is desirable;
- Demonstrated experience in developing training plans and implementing trainings;
- Established strong partnership networks in the sexual and reproductive health space preferred;
- Demonstrated experience with negotiation and developing Terms of Reference and protocols documents;
- Fluent in English and at least another language. Working knowledge of other languages is a plus (French, Spanish or Portuguese as priority);
- Ability and flexibility to work across various time-zones and with different cultural contexts;
- Independent access to a working computer and reliable connection to the Internet;
- Excellent understanding of creating databases and using Excel;
- Demonstrated strong organizational, intercultural communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent writing skills, active listening skills, creativity and problem-solving skills;
- Willingness to travel extensively for work;
Contract Type and Term:
This is a full-time consultancy position. This is 8 months contract with possibility of extension.
Benefits and Compensation: the position includes a monthly salary (based on experience), vacation days, and a home-office allowance.
Application Process: We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description (1-page maximum).
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Referral and Training Coordinator” in the subject line by May, 10th, 2020. Depending on the amount of applications received, only the selected candidates will be contacted.