Position: HR Manager
Contract Term: 8 months with the possibility of extension
Women First Digital (WFD) is a collection of digital platforms providing information and counseling services for safe abortion, contraception and other sexual and reproductive health (SRH) issues. WFD is comprised of the following three brands:
- safe2choose.org provides women all around the world with individualized support for abortion care so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. The team of trained multilingual abortion counselors offer compassionate, person-centric abortion support, as well as referrals to local providers for in-clinic services, if desired.
- HowToUseAbortionPill.org is a one-stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides a virtual assistant chatbot, abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information, and is currently translated into 27 languages.
- Findmymethod.org Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
The WFD team is highly multicultural, dynamic, and works remotely across an array of time zones.
We are looking for an HR Manager to oversee all aspects of human resources practices and processes.
The HR Manager will serve on the WFD management team and will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, and procedures across the organization.
- Develop and standardize organizational employee policies and ensure policy awareness.
- Recruit for open positions, including advertising job openings, screening applicants, contracting, and conducting background and reference checks.
- Standardize and implement WFD’s orientation procedure to ensure that they are properly guided and are in the know of company rules and regulations.
- Maintain human resources records (i.e., job applications, vendor’s contracts, staff documentation, and leave records).
- Maintain WFD’s calendar and perform monthly staff check-ins.
- Oversee WFD’s internal employee website and help organize team building activities.
- Respond to human resources-related inquires by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Monitor staff morale and company culture and nurture a positive working environment.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Handle workplace investigations and disciplinary procedures.
- Assist with payroll processing.
- Carry out necessary administrative duties.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills And Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in human resources or people management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience working with a multicultural and remote team highly preferred
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle conflict management.
- Fluent in English, additional language preferred
- Interest in social justice and / or reproductive rights is a plus.
Contract Type and Term:
This is a Full-time position. This is an 8 months contract with possibility of extension.
Benefits and Compensation: This position includes a monthly salary (based on experience), paid leave days, sick leave days, national holidays, and monthly home-office allowance.
Application Process: We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description (1-page maximum).
Please submit your application to email@example.com, subject line: HR Manager by May 24th 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.