Community Manager – Mexico
Position: Community Manager – Mexico
Location: Remote but based in Mexico
Contract Term: 5 months (probation period) with the possibility of extension
Women First Digital (WFD) is a collection of online platforms that provide information and counseling services on safe abortion, contraception and other sexual and reproductive health issues. WFD leverages the reach, innovation and power of the internet to reach as many people as possible. Through these platforms we connect women all around the world to accurate information, allowing them to make informed decisions about comprehensive abortion care and services. The following platforms comprise the WFD Programs:
- HowToUseAbortionPill.org (also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
HowToUse is a one stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 24 languages.
safe2choose connects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. Our team includes multilingual counselors that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
- Findmymethod.org Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org
shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
We are looking for a Spanish and English-speaking Community Manager to support our outreach and digital marketing efforts.
- Research and understand existing resources in Mexico that women currently rely on for reproductive health information and abortion services. Help inform country marketing strategy based on landscaping analysis.
- Identify and explore ways to collaborate with key Mexican stakeholders who share WFDs mission in order to promote our digital platforms through the distribution of print materials and organizing strategic outreach events.
- Identify digital personalities and spaces we can partner with to increase the reach of our online content and drive traffic to our websites.
- Support and collaborate with WFD Communication teams around online influencer engagement, country-specific content ideation and drafting and community management, and any other communication tasks that require localized knowledge.
- Suggest content and effective types of promotional materials that are aligned with Mexico and the wider Latin America region’s social and cultural context. Knowledge of the country/regions social media character is a critical.
- Represent WFP and distribute WFP promotional material to key stakeholder or relevant local/regional events and monitor usage and results
- Lead on and be responsible for increasing website traffic to WFD websites.
- Other duties as assigned
The position will work online from any location in Mexico but will be in constant communication with the Women First Digital team. Work schedule will be defined according to candidate’s availability and WFD needs.
- Vacancy is directed at any qualified candidate with special consideration for women (trans included) and non-binary people
- Immediate availability to work 40 hours per week
- Strong understanding of social media strategies and content creation
- Advanced Spanish and English proficiency with strong reading and writing skills
- Proficiency in Portuguese would be an added advantage
- Experience engaging with key SRHR stakeholders
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health
- Strong understanding of digital marketing strategies and content creation
- At least one year of experience as a community manager with good copywriting skills and knowledge of Canva or any simple social media design tool. (This position will be handling one social media account on Facebook)
- Innovative and outside-the-box thinking
- Ability to work without supervision
- Excellent and proactive communication skills
- Must have a computer with stable and strong internet connection
- Knowledge of medical abortion, surgical abortion and contraception
- Social media and communications experience
- Beginner to intermediate level of Adobe Photoshop or similar design tools
- Basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) knowledge for content creation
- Digital marketing experience
- Knowledge and experience working with key SRH stakeholders; Experience in partnership cultivation
Benefits and Compensation:
The position includes a monthly remuneration that will be agreed based on candidates’ experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (max 1 page) to email@example.com by 06 August 2021. Please indicate ‘Community Manager – Mexico’ in the subject line.