Position: Animator – HowToUseAbortionPill.org
Contract Term: 6 months with possibility of extension
1. HowToUseAbortionPill.org (also known as PinkShoes.org in regions of the world where criminalization or stigma make abortion resources inaccessible)
- HowToUse is a one stop global resource for safe abortion, providing simple instructions on how to use the medical abortion pills. HowToUse also provides abortion eLearning courses, country-specific abortion information and is currently translated into 24 languages.
- safe2choose connects women all around the world to accurate and individualized information on medical abortion pills, so that they can have a safe abortion where, when and with whom they feel most comfortable. Our team includes multilingual counselors, medical doctors and experts in the field of public health and international development that work together to provide women with accurate information about safe abortion.
- Created in collaboration with Bedsider.org and partners around the world, findmymethod.org shares information on contraception that is easy to understand, comprehensive, and globally representative.
We are looking to hire an Animator for our platform HowToUseAbortionPill.org.
Scope of work is inclusive of, but not limited to:
Overall Objective: The Animator will be responsible to create and design graphics for the HowToUse website and its corresponding social media handles based on the needs of the team.
- Ensure that branding design is developed and applied consistently, following specific style guides
- Collaborate closely with other WFD design team members and the HowToUse communications team
- Design content for HowToUse social media channels
- Design online and offline promotional materials as determined by the projectmanager
- Develop and constantly improve the image of the brand
- Monitor and recommend market and design trends
- Provide support and guidance to website developers
- Produce and maintain photography library
- Create IEC and other promotional materials used for communicating with clients
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas
- Maintain a positive and team focused attitude
- Any other duties as requested by the project managerSkills and Experience
- University degree with relevant work experience as an Animator
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere (or Final Cut) orequivalent programs
- Knowledge of graphic design & animation principles for both online and offlinematerials. Video edition is a plus.
- Experience combining art and technology to communicate ideas through visuals,images, websites and other means
- Ability to conceptualize and create characters, storyboards and illustration layoutsfor the project under the supervision of the communications team
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Independent access to a working computer and reliable Internet connection
Contract Type and Term
This is a part-time position (20hrs/week). This is a 6-month contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Benefits and Compensation
The position includes a monthly salary (based on experience), paid leave days, and home- office maintenance allowance.
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
- Visual Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Updated portfolio or a slideshow of your best work
- Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience and skills fit with the requiredjob description (1-page maximum)