Are you facing an unwanted pregnancy? You know if the time is right to give birth, raise and love a child, and provide a good life. Today, you may feel that you absolutely can’t have a baby. At another point in your life, you may decide it’s the right time to have a baby.
Can I have a home-based abortion with pills?
Abortion pills are safe to use at home, as long as you are not:
- More than 10 weeks pregnant;
- allergic to mifepristone or misoprostol;
- facing serious health problems, including blood-clotting problems;
- having a pregnancy that is growing outside the womb (ectopic pregnancy); or
- using an intrauterine contraceptive device in the womb (e.g. the coil, a progesterone IUD). If you are, just make sure to have it removed before using the pills.
Why women choose to have an abortion with pills?
- It is one the safest methods to have an abortion – recommended by World Health Organization (WHO).
- Many women choose this method because it feels less invasive – very similar to a heavy period or miscarriage.
- It may feel more private and convenient – you can do it at home or any other place you feel comfortable under supervision.
- Often it is also the cheapest safe method to have an abortion.
Want to know more about abortion pills?
You should know there are two proven and effective ways – regimes – for using abortion pills: a combination of mifepristone and misoprostol; or using misoprostol alone. At safe2choose you can access both regimes.